Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 1999 21:04:25 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Lee Cremeans <lcremeans@erols.com>, dg@root.com
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Jordan the Confused (Was: Jordan The Evil!)

At 10:43 PM 4/15/99 -0400, Lee Cremeans wrote:

>All Brett sees is "Linux is beating us. I FSCKING HATE LINUX. Somethign
>Needs To Be Done."

Bull. Perhaps YOU are full of irrational hatred (and therefore project it),
but I am not.

I see FreeBSD's continued failure to emerge into the limelight, in
contrast with Linux's runaway success, as the result of serious problems
in public relations, promotion, and advocacy. In particular, Jordan
Hubbard's refusal to acknowledge his own shortcomings as a PR person,
as well as WHAT WORKS, are to blame.

Linux's success and FreeBSD's failure could have devastating long-term
consequences in the computing world due to the promulgation of the GPL
and Richard Stallman's destructive agenda. Thus, Jordan's actions stand
to harm not only FreeBSD but the industry at large.

--Brett Glass

"You're not just e-mailing her, you're e-mailing anyone she's ever
e-mailed."

-- Dayton Daily News Cartoonist Mike Peters on the "Melissa virus"