Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 01:46:42 -0500
From:      thadood <thadood@mail-qfe0.midsouth.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   looutput: af=0 unexpected error

I was having problems getting my eggdrop to use DCC chat. Being hasty and
having no patience, I decided to open ports 1024-5000 to my main box via
the router settings. After I did that, the box became disgustingly slow on
connecting remotely. An eggdrop was disconnected without a command given. I
decided to reboot to fix any problems. Upon reboot, the system froze at
waiting. I was considering formatting it again. Then I realized I opened
ports to my main box. I undid this, rebooted the machine, and it booted
right on up.

Now, here's the main problem.  After rebooting, I normally kill dhclient
and restart it to get a correct address.  When doing this after the error,
I get this:
Jun 20 01:41:04 thadood /kernel: looutput: af=0 unexpected
Jun 20 01:41:04 thadood dhclient: send_packet: Address family not supported
by protocol family

in about 60 second intervals.

The only programs I have installed lately is eggdrop and screen.

Computer information:
Pentium II 350Mhz
50mb system ram
2.5gb WD caviar HDD