Date:      Wed, 12 Aug 1998 14:02:00 -0700
From:      Dale Phillips <dphi@ix.netcom.com>
To:        Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>, Strobel <100730.3706@compuserve.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: StarOffice

At 04:30 PM 8/12/98 -0400, Patrick Gardella wrote:

However Applixware does work. I know ... "but I have StarOffice!"

I just finished make these notes.
Step by step instructions for installing
Applixware 4.3.7 under FreeBSD 2.2.6 the quick and ugly way.

0. Make sure X and Linux emulation's are configured.
1. mount_cd9660  /dev/whatever  /cdrom
    (whatever is your cdrom device i.e. /dev/wcd0c)

2. cd  /cdrom
3. pax -rw applix  /usr
4. startx
5. /usr/applix/applix
    (you are now running and ready to run the demos in /usr/applix/axdata)

This installs all languages and spelling dictionaries.
I kept the spelling dictionaries but deleted the
language support for French and German.

6.   rm -R /usr/applix/axdate/frn (french)
7.   rm -R /usr/applix/axdata/grm (german)

However, the question remains as to how  to set up the
permissions for non root users.

My thanks to:
Brian Litzinger <brian@litzinger.com> - for the pax idea
W. Marshall <wcm@teleport.com> - the orginal news post