Date:      Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:29:35 +0100
From:      Martin Tournoij <carpetsmoker@rwxrwxrwx.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD anti-competitive activities

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 12:05:37AM -0500, Roger wrote:
> I don't know about Windows XP but Windows 7 has an option to repair
> the MBR (don't quote me on the term) which will screw FreeBSD boot
> manager but after you re-install the FreeBSD manager again (after
> running the Windows 7 repair) everything will be fine.
>
> -r

You can use the fixboot and/or fixmbr commands from the XP commandline after
you've booted from the CD.

Anyhow,

I have a FreeBSD 8 and WinXP multiboot, both installations work just fine.
This is an Asus A8N board, not new.

Your problems could be anything from a damaged hard disk to chance. Examine
the problem more closely before screaming foul.

--
Martin Tournoij
carpetsmoker@rwxrwxrwx.net  | (+031) 621 991 576

QOTD:
Faith is the quality that enables you to eat blackberry jam on a
picnic without looking to see whether the seeds move.