Date:      Mon, 8 May 2000 07:53:31 -0500 (CDT)
From:      fosburgh@flash.net
To:        Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: proposed pkg_delete change

On Mon May  8 01:10:28 2000, Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu> wrote:

> I have a suggestion for pkg_delete: Very often when I'm deleting a package
> (such as kde, after testing the port) I want to delete that package, and
> all it's dependancies; instead of going around looking for the
> dependancies, I think it would be a nice idea to add an option to
> pkg_delete to automatically delete all dependancies that aren't currently
> used by anything else. If nobody is interested in doing this, I can do it
> when I have some spare time (finals here at school). And then submit
> patches.

You may want to look into pkg_remove which I believe is in the ports system.  It
does basically what you are looking for, although I have not used it often
enough to see how it handles things like multiple levels of dependencies
(though, for the record, it did delete everything depending on qt 1 when I
upgraded all of my qt/kde stuff a few months ago).