Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:46:49 +0800 (WST)
From:      David Adam <zanchey@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au>
To:        Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bad pte panic, no dump :(

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Larry Rosenman wrote:

> Greetings,
>    FreeBSD/amd64 6.1-STABLE (June 18, 18:44 US/Central), running on Intel
> EM64T Xeons.
>
> got a one-off bad pte panic, and when it tried to dump to a gmirror slice,
> it hung.

I've seen this, too, on FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE #6: Thu Feb  9 01:01:54 WST
2006 i386.

It only appears to occur under load, so I suspect a hardware problem. I am
taking this server offline in the next few weeks to try and track it down.

Hope it doesn't happen again!

David Adam
zanchey@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au