Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:49:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <lowell@TheWorld.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: quasi-newbie question #1 answered

> You shouldn't need to configure *any* IP addresses
> on that interface,
> should you?

Probably not.  I just made it 1.1.1.1/24 for kicks.
This won't cause a problem where I'm at in the world
because it's plugged into a Cisco catalyst port that's
set to receive only.  hehehe, nice little black
hole...

> Sure.  You've got the source.  There's probably some
> sort of knob for
> it without even changing the source, but it's the
> kind of ugly hack
> that's better off not being advertised even if it
> exists...

Well now that I know the problem I'm not worried from
the functionality standpoint; I just want the error
message to shut up.  So if anyone knows the knob I
need to turn off and is willing to tell me I would
appreciate it.

> Good luck.

Thnx

=====