Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 1996 10:34:22 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        Mark.Olear@Colorado.EDU (Mark O'Lear)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Welcome to freebsd-questions

> Hi,
>
> I just got the following message addressed to:
>
>     freebsd-questions-digest@freefall.freebsd.org, postel@metro.net
>
> from:
>
>      Majordomo@freebsd.org
>
> Is this an error, since I am not subscribed to freebsd-questions-digest,
> nor am I postel@metro.net, or did everyone on freebsd-questions get
> this?

This seems to be an improperly configured list exploder, since the
message to the exploder from our list server showed up on our lists
instead of only theirs.

Since we haven't seen massive duplication, either JMB hit the thing
before it had a chance (you could automate this by looking for the
subscribed messages on the list), or the owner of the thing fixed
it up themselves.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---