Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:35:04 -0800
From:      "Max" <mightymax@yipinet.com>
To:        "FreeBSD-Questions" <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Installation onto Compaq Raid Controller

I need to install FreeBSD 3.4 Stable onto a Compaq Server with a Compaq 221
raid controller. The root filesystem will be on the raid volume.

The machine will boot with the CD but the installation fails because it
cannot recognize the raid controller or the volume on the raid controller.

How do I make installation floppies that I can use install freebsd onto this
machine. And what kernel options do I want to use for the raid controller?

The machine is a Compaq 2500 with dual PPro 200, 256MB Ram, Smart 221 Raid
Controller, 4 hot swap 9GB drives in Raid 5 configuration.

Thanks for your help.

Max