Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 1997 09:35:21 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Info on a card...

In message <XFMail.971121234611.dburr@POBoxes.com> Donald Burr writes:
: >I was wondering if the New Media Bus Toaster PCMCIA SCSI II Adapter is
: >supported on FreeBSD and if so how well.  Anybody out there with one?
:
: The New Media card uses the AIC6[23]60 chip, which is supported by FreeBSD
: (you may or may not need the PAO support modules): the driver name to use
: is aic.  I successfully installed FreeBSD on a machine using a New Media
: Toast'n'Jam (which is basically a Bus Toaster with an embedded sound card).

But the aic driver is known to be a total flake right now.  At least
for my 1522 and 1522A cards it won't work with just one item on the
bus, properly terminated  (my scsi cd changer).  Does PAO have a
better aic driver?  I'll have to try it if that is the case on my
desktop.

If I do get the card (and it is really cheap), I think that it will
give me incentive to get things working if there is some kind of
problem...

Warner