Date:      Sat, 02 Aug 1997 08:49:43 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <don@PartsNow.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        fyeung@fyeung8.netific.com
Subject:   Dialogic voice response boards

as a follow-up to my own question, Dialogic will not support FreeBSD
publicly. I did, however, talk to an engineer who had done it by porting
the SCO install program. Dialogic only supplies binaries, not source,
for UNIX machines. HOWEVER, they DO claim to provide Borland C source
for DOS, and I'm a-thinkin' we can easily hack from there, inasmuch as
the main processor doesn't do much work.

For those of you who don't know, Dialogic D/21H boards are 'Computer
Telephony' boards for use in voicemail and telemarketing systems. They
also have voice recognition and Text-to-Speech capability. They use a
memory-mapped dual port RAM to talk to an onboard Intel 80188
microcontroller which controls a Motorola 56001 DSP. Most of the code
will be prepackaged modules for the DSP and the '188, so our code will
be mostly a code loader.

The D/21H is a $500 board, so this is not for everyone, but linking
voice with web and data servers gives rise to a lot of neato stuff.

Anybody interested?
--
  oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *