Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 15:46:36 +0100
From:      "Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven" <ruigrjer@start.nl>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Was this known?

Hi guys,

found an interesting link regarding FreeBSD and Rhapsody/MacOS X

http://rhapsodyos.com/editorial/stone/ST00014.html

Quote from aforementioned article:

If you need a real firewall, forget NT! If you want the best, get FreeBSD with its
ability to make files immutable (I hope Apple's Core OS group is listening!). It's free, it's
easy to install, and you get the complete source code. FreeBSD also features one of the
coolest things I have seen lately: "ports". When you start a compile going in any number
of hundreds of software directories, the latest package will automatically be downloaded
from the internet, its checksum will be tested, and it gets unpacked, compiled, installed
and configured. Talking about User Experience!

regards,

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven
Infrastructure & Networks Start Holding B.V.
tel: +31 - (0) 182 - 695 895
email: jeroen.ruigrok@start.nl