Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 1995 12:10:04 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More nits

David Greenman stands accused of saying:
> >Ok, to implement this, bracket the entirety of /sys/i386/i386/userconfig.c
> >with #ifdef USERCONFIG/#endif, and then apply this to
>
>    The "right" way to do this is to change file.i386 to indicate that
> userconfig.c is "optional" on the userconfig option, and then apply your
> suggested diff.

No problem; I wasn't aware that it could be done this way.

>    This change is not going into 2.1, however.

I took that as read from Jordan's initial post; the diff was just for the
edification of anyone wanting to make these changes for themselves.

> -DG

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[