Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:19:18 +0000 (GMT)
From:      steve <steve@grill.rackmount.ORG>
To:        Ian Clendaniel <clendaniel@conectiv.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Diamond V770 Ultra & X?!?

Greetings,

To my understanding, currently the Viper 770 chipset is not fully
supported in any of the recent version of XFree86.[ofcourse I may be
wrong]  I've had the same problem trying to get it to work (I use a Viper
770), and no go until I went ahead and installed Accelerated X 5.0 with a
Viper 770/770 ultra support driver from http://www.xig.com

It couldn't be running any better now, (:  I'd be glad to share my
Configuration with you if you still need the help!

--Steve
steve@rackmount.org