Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 1999 03:16:57 -0200
From:      "Julian Diego Herrera Braga" <julianherrera@uol.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Re: What about port redirection with ip aliasing ?

I already checked out this manpage (I always verify the manpages before
appealing to mailing lists), and I didn't find anything applicable well.
In the ppprouter.nostromo machine (the gateway) I run ppp -alias to
connect to the Internet (with tun0), connect through the tun1 device
to the ether.nostromo (the client) and finally run natd with several
configurations like :

natd -v -s -redirect_port tcp 192.168.1.2:21 6666 -redirect_address \
192.168.1.2 0.0.0.0 -n tun0

where 192.168.1.2 is ether.nostromo's IP, tun0 is the modem connection
interface to the ISP and Internet.

but when I try to telnet 200.191.20.193 6666 (where 200.191.20.193 is
the public IP number of the local gateway computer) the connection is not
made and the debug messages doesn't show any redirection from 200.230.180.18
(the ISP gateway) to the 192.168.1.2 on the 6666 port, only a redirection
to the local gateway IP (in this case 200.191.20.193). So, I think there is
no redirection to the ether.nostromo computer in the LAN.
Also, using the 'portscanner' program on the local gateway computer
(ppprouter)
it doesn't show any new port (maybe the 6666, I think so).
So, what's wrong ? Am I forgetting anything foolish ? May I use another
program
like ipfw (the local gateway is running a firewall, wich every time I run
after
the ppp connections and before natd) ? I'm using these ipfw options, as shown
in
the natd manpage :

ipfw -f flush
ipfw add divert natd all from any to any via tun0
ipfw add pass all from any to any

Thanks in advance...

------- Original Reply Folows -------------------

------ Original Message Follows ------------------------