Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 1998 01:14:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        schwenk@voicenet.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu>
Subject:   Re: XSuSe X-server for FBSD

In localhost.freebsd.questions you write:

>Hi,

>Forgive my stupidity, but aren't the X servers that SUSE produces for
>Linux?  Are you running them using the Linux compatibility libraries?

Some kind SuSE-person produced FreeBSD binaries.  Although the Linux
compatibility is generally robust, I would feel a little uncomfortable
trying to get X servers running with them.

This should be moot at the moment, though -- XFree 3.3.2 is out now.

However, it can be kept in mind for the future, should SuSE kindly
provide intermediate drivers again at a later date.
--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/