Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 2003 22:24:26 -0700
From:      Karl Agee <kdagee@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thinkpad i1300 X setup woes

--=======69FB4978=======

Having more woes trying to get X setup on a Thinkpad i1300.  To recap:

chip:  silicon motion lynxEM+
memory:  2 mb (according to win98se)
Display:  800x600 hpa

System:  FreeBSD 4.8-Release

Have not been able to get X configured.  The same laptop runs X in Knoppix,
Red Hat 9, Suse 8.2, and now Debian Woody just_fine.  In fact, I just
installed Woody in a fit of insanity and I didnt have to mess with
anything, just used debconf--asked me what chip I had and display
characteristics (nothing about frequencies) and when I executed "startx" I
got a nice 8 bit kde desktop.

Now, I have noted that the XF86Config file is in ver 3.x format, not the -4
format.  And Freebsd is running XFree86 4.3.0.  I dont know if the tools in
use are old, or what the problem is.

--karl