Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 19:31:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom <tom@sdf.com>
To:        "Lee Crites (AEI)" <leec@adam.adonai.net>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCO (was Re: hi terry)

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Lee Crites (AEI) wrote:

> Second, I don't think anyone will just present something as
> complicated as clustering to the group and say:  "clustering is
> cool, please check out my FreeBSD implementation!"  There has to

  This is happening though.  Somone has stated on a list that someone is
building a fault-tolerant cluster.  He has already contstructed a
distributed lock manager so that members of the clusters can use shared
resources.  Apparently, he is now using this for a shared drive array.
Probably just accessing it as a raw device now.

  Pretty cool stuff.  There is also the Coda project.  Kinda cool stuff
too.  Since clients can operate disconnected from the Coda file server, it
has some fault-tolerant aspects too.

Tom