Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 2013 12:56:45 -0700
From:      John Clark <jeclark2006@aim.com>
To:        Aleksander <aleek@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD booting freescale P1020wlan eval board, via u-boot?

On Apr 3, 2013, at 12:04 PM, Aleksander wrote:

> please attach some output, maybe I could help.
>=20
> The booke_init() function has a bug, which is not yet fixed in HEAD.
>=20
> Anyway, you need to use kernel image (not ubldr) either binary or elf =
(if elf, you need to jump with offset to __start function

I've been continuing to look into why things aren't working.

I believe the diagnostic output was due to jumping into the 'wrong' =
places.

When I objcopy out a binary image, load that, the use the u-boot 'go' =
command at 1000000, there is nothing that is output
to the console.

I've checked and believe a FDT file is statically linked into the code, =
and it seems to match up with the p1020rdb.dts, with a few
differences due to the 'wlan' version. However, the serial ports are the =
same, as well as various memory and other devices.

One thing that did occur to me was the default speed of the serial port =
as a console. My u-boot is setup for 115200, but I did try
9600 and 19200, just in case someone took the lowest speeds (these =
days...). But still no output.

I did disassemble the kernel... verified that there's the some what =
expected startup code, which was setting up an initial translation =
table, then a call the 'booke_init'.

You indicated a bug in 'head' for booke_init.c... what are the symptoms? =
And where to get a fixed version?

If you have other ideas I'd appreciate them as well.

Thanks,
John Clark.