Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:41:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Several sound questions (real audio, windows media, recording, etc.)

Hi -
	I've got a couple of audio related questions...

- Is there anyway to listen to Windows Media Audio files?  I've tried
avifile, but it dumps core and complains about it not being a video file.
xmms-avi is marked as broken...

- If not, is there anyway to convert a windows media file to something
else?

- Is there any app that will download and save a live real audio stream?
Something like asfrecorder, but for real audio?

- What's the easiest command-line way to "grab" audio from my line-in
jack?   I've tried sox, but I'm not doing something right.  Currently,
when I plugin my radio to my line-in, the audio just starts coming out
automatically of the computer speakers.  Doing a "mixer line 0:0" stops
that.

Thanks!

-philip