Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 12:29:26 +0000
From:      K Karthik <kar_alerts@mglorysb.com>
To:        Jason Oakley <waulok@bangrocks.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Large Hard Drive Trouble

I have QUANTUM FIREBALLP AS40.0 - 40GB HDD, FreeBSD recognized only 38GB.
I tried to format with other OSes like MS-Windows NT 4.0 which recognized
only 35GB (NTFS).

Right now, I am using the HDD with FreeBSD , the 2GB is hiding somehere.

Kernel recognized:
ad1: 38172MB <QUANTUM FIREBALLP AS40.0> [77557/16/63] at ata0-slave UDMA33