Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2001 15:02:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ken Seggerman <suleyman@echonyc.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   can't ping second NIC on dual-homed PC

I am running FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE on a 133 MHz PC with 64 MB or RAM. I made
world and rebuilt the kernel recently.

I have two NICs, a 3Com 3c905C-TX Fast Etherlink XL interface xl0, and a
LinkSys ADMtek AN985 10/100BaseTX interface dc0.

The machine is configured as a gateway for IPv4 and IPv6.

Even though both interfaces show up as active, I can only successfully
ping the xl0.

However I can ping6 both interfaces successfully. I was even able to ping6
to a second host on an IPv6 subnet connected to the dc0. I am wondering if
I am missing something important.

Thanks,

Ken Seggerman
suleyman@echonyc.com