Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 1999 19:56:28 +0200
From:      Anton Berezin <tobez@plab.ku.dk>
To:        Joseph Robert Herrmann <jrh2@cec.wustl.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD can't see my CD-ROM drive

On Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 12:44:20PM -0500, Joseph Robert Herrmann wrote:

> When I try to install FreeBSD from CD it says CD-ROM not found or
> something to that effect. Im am using a BTC model BCD 40XH drive which
> uses an ATAPI-IDE interface.

Make sure your CD-ROM is configured properly - the switches/jumpers on
it should reflect whether it's a master or a slave or [sometimes] alone
on its controller.  Consult your CD-ROM documentation for details.

Cheers,
--
Anton Berezin <tobez@plab.ku.dk>
The Protein Laboratory, University of Copenhagen