Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 1997 15:22:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jaye Mathisen  <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Funky antics to retrive lsof.

I'm not sure it's good netizenship to go from the US to Germany to
Australia to Japan to attempt to retrieve a file, when just jumping from
the main archive to wcarchive seems much simpler, and nicer to the worlds
loaded links.

While I realize that wcarchive may be busy, there's no question that
International links are probably the wrong way to go.

# cd lsof
ls
# Makefile      files           patches         pkg
# make
>> lsof_3.82_W.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist on this system.
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://vic.cc.purdue.edu/pub/tools/unix/lsof/.
File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.cert.dfn.de/pub/tools/admin/lsof/.
fetch: ftp.cert.dfn.de: User name okay, need password
>> Attempting to fetch from
ftp://ftp.auscert.org.au/pub/mirrors/vic.cc.purdue.edu/lsof/.
Can't open data connection