Date:      Sun, 21 Jan 2001 13:50:26 -0500
From:      "gerald stoller" <gerald_stoller@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   "Invalid partition" message

    I have a  Windows 98  system with a large  hard-drive  (its geometry is
1869 cylinders/255 heads/63 sectors); I am keeping the  Windows 98  system
on the drive in the first partition/slice (about  3G  big) and I have loaded
  FreeBSD  into the next three slices (each at least 1.5G ).  I have loaded
4.2  into  F2  and  4.1  &  3.3  into the other two slices (with no error
messages [that I could see, is there any file for system-load error
messages?]).  I can load & run  4.2  (from  F2 ), whenever I try  4.1  &
3.3  (from  F3  &  F4 ), I get the message(s) "Invalid partition" and
(sometimes also) "No /boot/loader".  Previously I have loaded  3.3  into the
second & third slices (existent at the same time, and each was about  3G
big) and ran it from both.  Is there a way that I can put  /boot/loader  in
F3  &  F4 , and is it the same code for both  ( 3.3  &  4.1  [&  4.2 ], and
is there any configuration/customization required (e.g., placing the
disk-address of  /kernel  in the code)?