Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:40:47 -0500
From:      Bob Johnson <bjohnson@gainesville.usda.ufl.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        jeff@flrtn1.occa.home.com
Subject:   RE: SIG 11 with sysinstall

The 3.4-RELEASE has a problem in the install program that seems to
cause signal 11s.  There are a few ways to get around it, but the
most straightforward is probably to download the fixed MFSROOT
floppy image from
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/3.4-RELEASE/floppies/updates/
and do the installation from it (along with the existing KERN floppy).

You should also read the on-line errata for the release at
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/3.4-RELEASE/ERRATA.TXT

If you don't want to re-install, I guess you will need to CVSUP the
-STABLE source and rebuild your system, or perhaps you could simply
copy /stand/sysinstall from the good MFSROOT floppy.

-- Bob