Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 1997 08:15:59 -0600 (CST)
From:      Terry Todd <tlt@badger.tltodd.com>
To:        bsampley@bsampley.vip.best.com, lamki@cs.ucdavis.edu
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux vs. freebsd

Burton's answer was good.  Try them both and see which one you like.
I did that and ended up choosing FreeBSD.  I have been using and
administering UNIX systems since the mid 70's so FreeBSD had that old
familiar look and feel for me.  Lots of my friends at work use linux
but I like the way FreeBSD just works like a good old work-horse
for what I need it to do.  I run mailing lists and it works great for
that.  I kid my friends that linux is like-UNIX and FreeBSD is the real
thing.  FreeBSD has a great support network of people that have helped
immensely with solving any problems that have come up.

Terry Todd