Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 18:29:47 -0600
From:      Jason <blaz@satx.rr.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports / compile problems

greetings,

i searched the archives but found nothing, so please don't yell :)

how do i update my /usr/ports to the latest ports software?  not
that I want to download all the software, just the ports
collection.

also I am having some problems when it comes to compiling some
particular ports.  for example when trying to install /usr/ports/
gimp1, it fails on aalib-1.2 because the file had a mismatch
in the checksum.. how do I go about trying to install the
port from scratch?  (so it will re-download the software again)

i have tried make clean, but that doesn't seem to work.

thanks