Date:      Mon, 04 Aug 2014 23:07:04 +0700
From:      Yury <gja822@narod.ru>
To:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   xorg radeon problems

--------------050202040806090108090905

Hello, after upgrading FreeBSD from 9.2 to 9.3 I began to experience some
problems with Xorg.

uname -a :
>FreeBSD 94.180.117.72 9.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.3-RELEASE #1 r269221M: Tue Jul 29
15:05:57 NOVT 2014     root@94.180.117.72:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GJA822N  amd64

HW. I've no standalone graphics card, only integrated on my motherboard.
MB: GA-890GPA-UD3H (rev. 2.1) [AMD 890GX + SB850 Chipset]
CPU: Phenom II 910e
Mem: 16Gb (+128Mb sideport for graphics on MB)
Monitor: old 15" CRT Samsumg SyncMaster

Well, I'd tried 3 types of xorg-server (and associates) configuration.
1. WITH_NEW_XORG (new default?)
2. WITH_NEW_XORG and WITH_GALLIUM="yes"
3. WITHOUT_NEW_XORG

Cases 1 and 2 gave me no screen output at all after trying to start Xorg.
Corresponding attached files are s_.zip (with GALLIUM) and u_.zip (without GALLIUM).

But also in the case 3, WITHOUT_NEW_XORG I got problems, that haven't noticed
before (before upgrade to 9.3-RELEASE). (Corresponding attached file t_.zip)
Well, in WITHOUT_NEW_XORG case I have graphic desktop (gnome) that behaves good
most of time. But, doing

mplayer -benchmark -nosound some-video-file

sometimes makes system hang. One time, it stopped showing video on a frame, stop
responding (or I couldn't see it respondings on screen), after that I could do
"half-good" reboot by power button.
Other time, display turned off, power indicator blinking, power button made its
work. One more time I got freezed frame, but even power button didn't work, only
reset button.

Attached files description.
In t_.zip:
Since I have custom kernel, I attached its configuration file t_KERNEL,
in t_dmesg boot.dmesg is contained, t_messages adds info after booting process,
I put in Xorg.0.log in t_xorg_log.

In s_.zip:
Corresponding differing from t_.zip files with WITH_NEW_XORG and WITH_GALLIUM.
Also, this time I've got Xorg.core, may send if asked.

In u_.zip
Corresponding differing from t_.zip files with WITH_NEW_XORG and without
WITH_GALLIUM.

Also I tried to kldload radeonkms, but this led to panic (see z_kld.txt).

Sincerely yours, Yury Gaydov

--------------050202040806090108090905

# kldload radeonkms
info: [drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810
drmn0: <ATI RS880> on vgapci0
panic: make_dev_credv: bad si_name (error=17, si_name=dri/card0)
cpuid = 2
Uptime: 12m0s
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort
--> Press a key on the console to reboot,
--> or switch off the system now.

--------------050202040806090108090905--