Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 13:15:41 -0700
From:      Sergey Verzunov <sverzunov@netscaler.com>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Release memory, allocated during core saving.

Hello.

After kernel crashes, FreeBSD saves core dump during next time booting.
This opearation, looks like, allocates a lot of memory (I think for
filesystem cache).
After booting I try to allocate some memory in kernel, but it fails,
because of lack of memory
(it still being kept by somebody).

Is there any way in FreeBSD kernel to flush Filesystem cache and thus
free memory
to be used by kernel for other purposes. Or I have to reboot computer
again to avoid
saving core and lack of memory in kernel.

Thanks a lot.
Sergey Verzunov
Netscaler, Inc
4800 Great America Pkwy,