Date:      Thu, 06 Apr 2000 20:12:46 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        nate@yogotech.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        obrien@freebsd.org, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Import of tcsh into src/contrib/, replacing src/usr.bin/csh

In message <200004062150.PAA24400@nomad.yogotech.com> Nate Williams writes:
: [ Last reply on this, honest.  I've said my piece ]
:
: > > 2) FreeBSD's base installation is *NOT* intended for you to have a
: > >    completely/fully functional workstaion.
: >
: > I don't want a fully functional workstation.  I want a root account that
: > is useful.
:
: It's completely useful.  It has everything you need.  What does tcsh
: provide you that csh doesn't provide you that is needed for root?

Escape completion.  Command line history.  Yes, I do *NEED* those to
effectively do root things.  tsch has been the shell I type into
init's prompt rather than using /bin/sh for years.

Warner