Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 18:33:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Nitin Nahata <nitinnahata@usa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Block Device I/O

we couldn't find any reason th have block devices except in teh case for
exporting the nodes via NFS.

The buffer caching is done at teh filesystem level, and raw-io is faster
with the raw device, so it was complicating the code without giving us any
real advantage.. If you need a cached device then you can achieve that in
other ways.
your comments are appreciated..