Date:      Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:17:40 -0500
From:      "Edgar Martinez" <emartinez@crockettint.com>
To:        "'Alex Zbyslaw'" <xfb52@dial.pipex.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: AMD64 (former i386 convert)+ FreeBSD various issues in 5.3, 5.4 (pre+post install)

I appreciate your help! There is NO stupid question or answer...as far as I
am concerned ANY help is always WELCOME help...THANKS

So, yeah being from the i386 world, I am also aware of the timing quirks in
the intel world. The CPU is a 754 pin...specs below..hope this sheds some
light on the situation...if anyone wants me to throw up some debug info let
me know!!

AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 1MB L2 Cache, 64-bit Processor for DTR Notebooks - OEM

Model# AMA3000BEX5AP
Item # N82E16819103444

Specifications:
Model: AMD Athlon 64 3000+
Core: ClawHammer
Operating Frequency: 1.8 GHz
FSB: Integrated into Chip
Cache: L1/64K+64K; L2/1MB
Voltage: 1.5V
Process: 0.13Micron
Socket: Socket 754
Multimedia Instruction: MMX, SSE, SSE2, 3DNOW!, 3DNOW!+
Packaging: OEM(Processor Only)

PATRIOT Extreme Performance 184-Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200 w/ XBL Technology,
Model PEP5123200+XBL - Retail

Model# PEP5123200+XBL
Item # N82E16820220036
Specifications: