Date:      Wed, 03 Feb 1999 16:33:15 -0500
From:      Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   dyndns account and dialup access: what's wrong with ppp.linkup?

Ok, I have apache, I'm on a dialup access and I have a Dynamic DNS
account at nws.net (my address is "9.nws.net".
When I dial, I would like that ppp.linkup sync with Dynamic DNS and then
reload httpd to make him know my new address(I think I hardlinked my
address in httpd.conf to 9.nws.net):

# vi /etc/ppp/ppp.linkup
MYADDR:
 !bg sh -c "/usr/home/dyndns/regaddr 9 MYPASS"
 !bg sh -c "/usr/local/sbin/httpd"

or

# vi /etc/ppp/ppp.linkup
MYADDR:
 !bg sh -c "/usr/home/dyndns/regaddr 9 MYPASS && /usr/local/sbin/httpd"

But when I try to browse my site, it say that the server is not up and
running. The only thing I need to do is to reload httpd on the command
line:
# /usr/local/sbin/httpd
And then everything work.
What's the problem?