Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:30:33 -0400
From:      "Alhaji Barrie" <alhaji.barrie@comcast.net>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   First time user problems

I am a  new user of Free BSD. I just completed the install of Free BSD on a
Dell  PC but I cannot get past the initial login prompt. I typed the user
name I supplied during the installation process to no avail. In the last two
days, I have browsed the web and used some of the suggestion provided. I
also consulted the documentation in this web site.

To put it simply, I am missing the syntax for the user name and password.
Can someone help with the step by step process of getting past the original
login screen?

Alhaji I Barrie

Network Security Analyst