Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 2003 23:08:57 -0600
From:      Bryan Cassidy <bsdjunky@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mutt + Procmail Filters

OK. I've added that to my .procmailrc but when I load Mutt it
still doesn't show any group called freebsd-questions. Do I
have to create a ~/Maildir/freebds-questions directory? I am
using Postfix + Courier-IMAP + SquirrelMail + Procmail so I'm
using Maildir.

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 02:56:05PM +1100, Gautam Gopalakrishnan
wrote: > On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 06:06:09PM -0600, Tillman
Hodgson wrote:
> > Rather than procmail, which is very common
but has an arcane syntax, > > consider maildrop (in the ports
tree. The syntax is quite a bit easier > > to read and it
supports Maildir format natively. Here's a sample from my > >
~/.mailfilter: > > > > Here's the procmail rules, it you want
it. Put them in your > ~/.procmailrc > > ------- >
MAILDIR=/usr/home/ggop/Mail > > :0: > *
^(To|C[Cc]):.*questions@freebsd.org.* > freebsd-questions > >
:0: > * ^(To|C[Cc]):.*standards@freebsd.org.* > freebsd-standards
> > :0: > * ^(To|C[Cc]):.*security-notifications@freebsd.org.*
> freebsd-security-notifications > ------- > > Each rule
observes the To and CC headers and drops it in the folder >
inside $MAILDIR. Also, you could investigate the -y option in
mutt.  > If all this seems complicated, you could try pine
(built in mail > filters, threading, colour, roles,  ...) > >
hth > Gautam >