Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 16:13:18 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        "David J. MacKenzie" <djm@web.us.uu.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PAM patches, iteration 4

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 01:46:11PM -0500, David J. MacKenzie wrote:
> I've updated the docs to reflect PAM, cleaned up some error handling,
> and included my patch to work around the pam_setcred() dispatch problem.
> I also removed the non-logincap code path from su and rshd, since it's
> already mandatory in login.  As before, this replaces my earlier patches.
> I'd welcome having PAM experts examine them closely.  I think they're
> ready for a wider audience.

Oops, I just committed a 3-line patch to login.c to call pam_setcred.
This'll put your diff off a wee bit.

These patches look like good to me.   The pam_setcred workaround is no
worse than what we have now [1], and it is useful.

I'll let you know how they work for me (on -STABLE).

Thanks!
--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org

[1] All the PAM modules in the base system just return PAM_SUCCESS, so
    this will have no effect unless a third-party module is installed,
    such as ports/security/krb5.