Date:      Sun, 23 Jun 2002 01:43:48 -0700
From:      Steve Warwick <ukla@attbi.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   [OFF] FreeBSD vs Solaris - Opinions?

Hi All,

Sorry for the off topic post but I am interested to get some different
opinions on the "which is better FreeBSD or Solaris?" topic. Everyone I know
is pro Sun so I'm trying to get a balanced view.

Actually, to clarify my situation:

Which, in your opinion would make a better server. Sun UltrSparc 5 / 333mhz
running Solaris (I got a great deal on a couple of machines) or a generic
Athlon 1.2mhz running FreeBSD. [both machines have ATA drives & 256meg]

Your thoughts and expert opinions welcomed, including the peripheral topics
of support, usergroups etc.

Thanks,

Steve