Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:38:08 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Steve Watt <steve@Watt.COM>, Uwe Doering <gemini@geminix.org>, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Interesting TCP issue

Andre Oppermann wrote:

>>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/netinet/tcp_input.c.diff?r1=1.290&r2=1.291
>>>
>>> }
>>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/netinet/tcp_syncache.c.diff?r1=1.84&r2=1.85
>>>
>>> }
>>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/netinet/tcp_var.h.diff?r1=1.127&r2=1.128
>>>
>>> } } How about the modifications in 'tcp_input.c'?  Are they relevant
>>> to the } problem this thread is about?  If so, assessing the
>>> correctness of an } MFC might prove to be a little harder.
>>

>> That's why I asked Andre to look at it but he's not responding..
>
> He's about to re-appear @freebsd.

great.. The TCP code is a bit like a house of cards..  Unless one is
up-to-date and has it all 'loaded' into one's mental cache, it is
all to easy to screw up function A by fixing code related to function B.
As I'm not 'loaded' I'm loathe to just MFC the one patch without being
sure what the other two are..

BTW Andre you might MFC to back to 5 and 4 too if you could..

Julian