Date:      Mon, 3 May 2004 18:50:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vmware2 patch for -CURRENT

Doug Ambrisko writes:
 > Andrew Gallatin writes:
 > | o - linux-base 8.x is too new to run vmware2.  Due to a change in the
 > | nice ABI in glibc, if you run vmware2 with newer libs, it will
 > | crash, complaining that AIO is not implemented.   This has nothing to
 > | do with your patch, but I wanted to get it into the archives, as it
 > | took me an hour or two of running strings on the linux libc and
 > | Googling before I pulled the /compat/linux/lib directory from an old
 > | 4.x with linux_base-6.1 installed.
 >
 > Try to run vmware-any-any-update42 to patch the vmware binary.
 >
 > A Google search can find it or a newer version.

Cool..

BTW, has anybody tried running 5.2-current as a guest on vmware2?
It panics in sse2_pagezero() on my p4, so I have to break into
the debugger and reduce my cpu_class to 3.  I"m really glad that the
jsnap builds have ddb built in.. ;)

Also, tsc ticks are off by an order of magnitude, so the install was
really slow until I could switch it to the i8254.

Drew