Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 1998 11:03:36 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        Eric Feillant <Eric.Feillant@EUnet-Bretagne.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISDN for FreeBSD

"Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" writes:
>Well, I'm using ISDN and FreeBSD, but I'm not using an ISDN card.  I
>have a Motorola BitSurfer Pro ISDN terminal adapter, and I'm using
>user-ppp to make the box act as a router.  I talk to the TA much the
>same way you talk to an analog modem.  It works pretty well.  I've heard
>there may be one or two ISDN cards for FreeBSD, but in my opinion, the
>external TA is better.
>
>Joe Clarke
>
>On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Eric Feillant wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does a real ISDN solution exist for FreeBSD ? WHich Card ? which soft ?

for someone in North America this is true. For someone in Europe, where
the infrastructure is much better and the international standards are
adhered to, a card is a much cheaper solution.

Check out isdn4bsd (alpha release available at ftp.consol.de, login is as
isdn4bsd and cd /pub). It supports several of the more popular european cards.

And consider subscribing to freebsd-isdn, that's a more appropriate list.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de
Work - garyj@fkr.dec.com