Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 16:32:14 +0100
From:      "Siegbert Baude" <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.de>
To:        "Caleb Walker" <cwalker@cwalk.org>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: redirecting mail from root to another user...

Hi Caleb,

> I am wondering what the best way to redirect all mail that gets sent to
root to
> get sent to my other user which is cwalker.  I am not sure but, setting up
> an alias in the alias file doesnt seem like a good idea.  If it is let me
know.

I think you can also create a file named ".forward" in your root´s home
directory, which has the mail address, you want all mails to be forwarded
to, as the only line in it. A long time I used this, so I´m not completely
sure, if it was on a FreeBSD system. At least it was on a Unix of some
flavor, hope it still works :-)

Ciao
Siegbert