Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:52:33 -0000
From:      "Clive Goodhead" <clive@swnet.net>
To:        <cjclark@alum.mit.edu>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Compiler warning messages

I did not include the warning messages in the post because they are not that
relevant to my question for the time being, which is: should I expect the
GENERIC kernel to compile without any warning messages?

I seem to remember that last time I compiled a new FreeBSD kernel (2.6 at
least a couple of years ago - I am not that new to FreeBSD) the compile was
completely clean without any warning messages, which is what I would expect.
However, before starting to look into the matter further I thought that I
would ask those with more experience than I in this area whether I have a
problem to investigate or not.

Clive