Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 13:43:46 -0800
From:      Studded <Studded@gorean.org>
To:        Loren Daniel Koss <loren@boingo.pciway.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DNS with internal and external networks..

Loren Daniel Koss wrote:

> How do you set up a name server (named) to handle both internal addresses
> properly (192.168.1 network) and external network when the names are the
> same?  Iam using ipfw and natd on the same machine.

	Simple answer, make the names different. Most commonly use the same
hostnames but on the internal network tack a "-i" on the end. Long
answer depends on a lot of things and will cost you time, money or both.
I HIGHLY recommend "DNS and BIND, 3rd Edition" from ORA.

Good luck,

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***