Date:      Fri, 19 May 2006 14:33:34 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: New category - ports/packages specific tools?

Shaun Amott wrote:
> There are lots of nifty tools in ports for handling ports and packages.
> It would be nice if they were all in one, easy to find place.

While I am usually not in favor of adding new categories (I agree with Pav
that what we actually need is a total redesign), I like this idea a lot. As
others have pointed out, the nature of this category suggests that it is a
valid exception to a strict numerical limit of how many ports a new category
needs to include. I also like the suggested name, ports-mgmt.

hth,

Doug

PS, small disclaimer: I am the author of one of the ports that would be
included in this new category.