Date:      Mon, 15 May 95 14:41:09 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        SUPERVISOR@alb.asctmd.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as Netware client? -Reply

> I put out some patches to implement an IPX/SPX stack on FreeBSD
> around February. I have not received much feed back on these since.
> These patches DO NOT implement a NetWare client...

As a former Novell employee, I avoid the IPX and SPX protocols.

The client code would probably be rather trivial to write if you could
find a way to do it legally.  The biggest hole is the ability to have
multiple users on a mount (or per user mounts) withing the authentication
model, and configuring the server to not require packet signatures.
It is a hole I would not wish to be sucked into.

You might have more feedback if you could configure a FreeBSD system
as a tunnel to tunnel IPX/SPX over a TCP/IP connection to link remote
networks.  Do you have routing support?  Unfortunately, I'm not in
an environment where I can even test it any more.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.