Date:      Mon, 03 Aug 1998 15:11:07 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Jamie Howard <howardjp@dragon.ham.muohio.edu>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI ZIP problems

In message <199808021947.MAA09419@antipodes.cdrom.com> Mike Smith writes:
: The "Zip Zoom" (Adaptec 1505) card is not well supported, and the
: problems you're seeing are typical.  The continuing lack of support is
: largely due to the poor performance of the card; supporting it is no
: fun and the card itself not terribly useful.

The aic-6x60 support is really bad right now.  There are many problems
with using it, except possibly with the pcmcia based cards.  I've
given up hope of having a good driver for this in the near term, and
unless something radical changes, I don't think that there will be a
good CAM driver in place when the CAM cutover happens.  There are many
PIO vs DMA issues as well that could make things interesting.  Someone
stepping forward to prove me wrong would be great :-).

I have programming information for the aic-6360, but I have too many
other things on my plate to even think about getting to it for a few
months.

Warner