Date:      Wed, 2 Jul 2014 21:31:00 -0700
From:      Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Updating the ports collection that came with the OS

Please correct any false statements:

1. I installed FreeBSD 10

2. During installation I installed the ports collection

3. The handbook describes in "Section 5.5, Procedure 5.1" how to
install the ports collection using Portsnap in case I skipped item (2)

4. The handbook describes in "Section 5.5, Procedure 5.2" how to
install the ports collection using SVN in case I skipped item (2).

5. "Section 5.5, Procedure 5.1" also describes how to update the ports
collection using the Portsnap method

6. "Section 5.5, Procedure 5.2" also describes how to update the ports
collection using the SVN method

7. Nowhere does the handbook describe how to update the ports
collection when it was installed along with the OS (using neither
Portsnap nor SVN).

Thank you,

Chris