Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 1996 01:00:29 -0400
From:      StevenR362@aol.com
To:        mgessner@aristar.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SAMBA

In a message dated 96-08-05 16:40:22 EDT, mgessner@aristar.com writes:

> Hi, All,
>
>    I'm looking for some information on how to set up SAMBA with a Windows
>  95 network.  So far, I'm able to "see" the machine from the Windows
machines,

>  but when I try to access them, I get an error message saying the machine
>  can't be found.
>
>    So what I'm looking for is *specific* information on how to set up both
>  Samba and the Windows 95 machines to make this work.
>
>    If need be, I can post the specific information on my machines' setup.
>
>  	Thanks,
>
>  		Matt Gessner, <mgessner@aristar.com>

A bit off topic, but there is a Samba related update from mickeysoft
for Win95.  It is :
UPD0006  Vredir update for Samba UNIX servers
        VREDIR.VXD  4.0.0.955
I don't know exactly what it does but it is included with the service pack
for
windows 95 on the microsoft ftp site.  I don't recall the path.

Steve