Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 19:39:51 -0400
From:      "Kevin A. Pieckiel" <kpieckiel@smartrafficenter.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dell server with 6 GB RAM

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

I'm looking at buying a Dell PowerEdge 2650.  These servers can come with
up to 6 GB RAM according to Dell's web site.  Now, correct me if I'm wrong,
but what good does that much RAM do when I only have a 32-bit address space?
What am I missing here?  How can the hardware or the OS support more than
4 GB RAM?

Kevin

Well, you know, Hubbard had a bunch of people sworn to commit suicide
when he died.  So of course he never officially died...
-- Larry Wall

---
This message was signed by GnuPG.  E-Mail kpieckiel-pgp@smartrafficenter.org
to receive my public key.  You may also get my key from wwwkeys.us.pgp.net;
my ID is 0xF1604E92 and will expire on 01 January 2003.

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6--